Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Noise

I'm really sensitive to noise, so when I saw that was the topic for Monday's memory, I really had to think about it. About 4:00 this morning, I awoke to the sound of my husband snoring which always puts me in a bad mood, and thought... that's it! That's what I'll write about.

But on second thought, with so much negative happening in my life, I decided I would try to concentrate on the noises that make me happy. Not the sounds though. There's a difference. The sound of a baby laughing? Do a search on youtube, and you'll find lots of happiness there. That sound puts a smile on everyone's face.



I'm thinking "Noise" though. Something that not everyone would relate to, or even think was positive. So, the noise that makes me happy and smile is the noise at a high school or college (especially college) football game. Growing up in the south, this noise is loud and raucous, and sometimes very one sided, but almost always feels joyful. Of course, that noise can be dampened a bit with a loss, but there is always next week or next year, isn't there? It's a feeling that your team will try harder, and do better in the next game, so while there may be disappointment with a loss, there is hope around the corner.

I love that noise!

Hines Ward, this one's for you! Go get 'em tonight on "Dancing with the Stars"! You know, once a dawg, always a dawg!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love THIS as it brings to mind big smiles from "back in the day". I too use to LOVE the games during High School and with my reunion coming up next month, it is something I've been thinking about with joy!

    I'm sorry I have not been able to come on over here in the last week, I've been out of commission(so to speak) with my blog. I will have next week's Meme up, but I had to take last week off do to family crisis. Hope you are well. Thank you again for participating. :)

    ReplyDelete