Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Direction

Well, it seems that I am not really any good as a mental health issue blogger. When things are bad, new or happening, then I seem to be able to write about it. When things are back to "normal", not so much. But, I do still like to write about things pertaining to, well, let's just call it "life in general".

So, stay tuned. I'm going to attempt to post more often, and expect to find several book reviews and movie reviews coming up. One thing I've noticed since our detour into mental health/illness (and I say "our" because I feel like when it's someone in your immediate family, then you are most definitely involved) is that I'm now reading books and seeing the behavioral topics in a whole new light. And movies too. Even tv shows that aren't screaming out about mental illness. Criminal Minds that leaves you out.  Every episode is blatantly about mental illness, so nothing new there. I do watch lots of Criminal Minds reruns though. At least the ones that aren't way, way, WAY disturbing.

Oops, kinda got wordy there, but my point is that having family members with mental illnesses makes me see everything with that kind of slant. Let's just see what happens.

Also, if you're one of my 2 or 3 readers, pop in now and then with a comment and let me know you're out there! I love comments! So don't be shy. And click over there and follow so I know who you are.

And one last thing, I'm going back to my real name. Sure, Jenna is a great name, but it was the name of our dog, and frankly, I'm moving on from that persona.

Oh, and one more last thing. I'm going to continue to illustrate the posts when I think of it, but I'm not going to obsess over it.

I'll be back soon!
                        ~Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment