Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Challenge #13

Life certainly is a challenge, isn't it? I mean, is there anything that isn't a challenge? Sometimes just getting out of bed or figuring out why your phone alarm is only vibrating instead of making the usual chiming noise can be challenges.

Mental illness is undoubtedly a challenge, both for those afflicted and those who love them. Yet, I'm adding a challenge to my life, and this one will be fun. It's a weekly Zentangle challenge, and I'm jumping in on week #13. What an introduction to the other wonderful artists! This week's is to create a "tile" or art created solely with your non-dominant hand. I am strongly right-handed, so this proved to be really hard. I couldn't even uncap the pen with my left hand. It just felt so awkward.

Well, except for the uncapping the pen issue, and drawing the "dots" (the 4 corners of the "tile"), I did it all with my left hand. I've named this one "Lefty Out", but it does kind of remind me of a farting tiger. Yeah. I'm looking forward to redeeming myself next week, but until then...

Lefty Out,

3 comments:

  1. You sure didn't pick the easiest week to join the challenge, but it is lots of fun. Your tangles are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "farting tiger" description had me literally laughing out loud. I may have to start this zentangled thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, I really like this tangle! It seems to have a lot of spirit.
    http://dicksallyjane.blogspot.com/2011/03/tother-hand.html

    ReplyDelete