Thursday, April 14, 2011

15 Minutes

Just not long enough. This is the #17 Diva Challenge, and the goal was to set the timer for 15 minutes and get to tangling. I was just getting into the zone (the zen?) when the timer went off, and didn't get to my favorite part of the finishing which is the shading. The zen might have happened sooner had the dog not decided to have a barkathon right in the middle of my 15 minutes. That just is not very relaxing.

Since I'm new to zentangle, I don't really have any tangles that are my "go to" yet, and tend to have a idea in mind, and then I pore over Totally Tangled, or tanglepatterns.com to fulfill that idea. This time, I stayed true to the challenge, and while I had an initial idea in my head, I felt the clock ticking, and pretty much just doodled.

I do really like the end result (I've looked at a few of the others, and y'all are just too hard on yourselves), but I feel somehow unsatisfied. After I post this, I'm going to do another one just for me.

Brother update: The last I heard (which was late yesterday afternoon), he is being transferred from the initial hospital to their other location which is apparently for people who will be staying longer. From what my mom says, it sounds like the hospital is committing him involuntarily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they keep him longer than a week.

Calmer,

2 comments: