Friday, April 8, 2011

Our New Normal

This week has been a struggle for me. Family therapy on Monday, couples therapy on Thursday, Brian got a job, somewhat unexpectedly. None of this was bad. In fact, a lot of it was really good and helpful. It feels like to me that we're moving to a new phase, and I'm not entirely sure I reconciled the old phase with how life is going to be. Each phase seems to bring what seems to be a new normal.

So, let's see where we are now...
Brian has bipolar disorder.
He attends a treatment center, but with the new job, that will change and he'll go as his work schedule permits. Next week, he won't be able to go at all, except he will have to go get an Rx refill from his psychiatrist on Monday.
Brian will have to pay more attention to when his meds are running low. So that when it's Friday evening, and he realizes he doesn't have enough wellbutrin to make it through the weekend there isn't a problem.
The meds are important. Critical even. And he really gets that.
John and I attend support group meetings. Our NAMI family to family education course ends this Sunday with a potluck dinner. I hope we'll keep in touch with some of the other couples.
I'm sure there's even more, but I'm going to let it wait for now.

And, I still haven't gotten a good handle on my own anxiety. This week at the various therapies and support groups that became abundantly clear.

It's a process, and a challenge. And just like this week's Diva Zentangle challenge that is the drawing above, some results are better than others. Like this week, this challenge was a bit of a struggle for me.

Feeling challenged,

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your tough week...I hope next week will be better. Your mooka came out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey your getting support and working on yourself, you are working on your relationships and finding time for balance, I think you are super woman!

    Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and for deciding to follow me. I hope to connect. Congratulations to Brian for getting a job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like more than a tough week; tough few months? I know about meds running low and 20ish responsibility. If you have figured out the anomyous postings today (reading your blog in chronological order from the beginning) you know I have a 20ish offspring with ADHD. When he was away at college I could track the Rx refills through the prescription plan and know he was not refilling. I could call and ask. He would say he had the Rx but couldn't go to the store today...lots of excuses. It is going better now that a bus is not involved in getting to pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete